Avanti Mehrotra, MD
Approach To Care
Dr. Mehrotra is passionate about taking care of individuals with cancer. Her specialties include all medical oncology and hematology with special emphasis on breast cancer, multiple myeloma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, and thoracic oncology. She is the medical oncology leader for multidisciplinary breast cancer care, and she serves on the oncology pharmacy committee.
Dr. Mehrotra is a dedicated and caring physician who communicates well and builds a strong team to advocate for her patients. Known for her thoughtfulness and sincerity, patients value her commitment and ultimate goal of successful survivorship with empowerment of patients and families, alike.
- Medical School – Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi University, India
- Internship – Synergy Medical Education Alliance (Formerly Saginaw Cooperative Hospitals)
- Internal Medicine Residency – Michigan State University, East Lansing
- Hematology/Oncology Fellowship – Michigan State University, East Lansing
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Sub: Hematology)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Sub: Medical Oncology)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Minnesota Society of Clinical Oncology
- Minnesota Monthly’s Top Doctor Award Winner, 2020
Married with two sons, Dr. Mehrotra enjoys hiking, biking, creative dancing, playing basketball and traveling to historic places with her family.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One