Peter Jan Tanghe, MD
Approach To Care
Dr. Tanghe believes in a customer-centered approach to care. He welcomes questions and being told when something doesn’t make sense or feel right. As an emergency medicine specialist, Dr. Tanghe values being part of a team that cares for people who need help. He has high expectations for compassionate care that makes everyone feel respected and understood. Dr. Tanghe feels that working with community paramedics provides the ideal practice environment, where their team works to provide care that is highly responsive, cost effective and compassionate.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Philosophy – St John’s University/College of St Benedict’s
- Masters Degree – University of Minnesota
- Emergency Medicine – HealthPartners Regions Hospital
- Emergency Medicine and Emergency Medical Services
- Board Member Medical Educators for Latin America (MELA)
- Chairperson Minnesota Ambulance Association
- Community Paramedic Advisory Committee
Dr. Tanghe’s hobbies include cooking, gardening, arts and comedy. He and his spouse are almost empty nesters with one son, with whom he shares a fondness of the television show “Dr. Who.” He enjoys dining out and one of his favorite local restaurants is the Wilde Roast. He also loves to travel and Morocco and Mongolia are among the destinations he hopes to visit one day.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One