Grace A. B. Totoe, MD, FACP
Approach To Care
Dr. Grace Totoe’s approach to care is wholistic. She manages her clients with an eye for disease prevention as well as pathology management. She discusses lifestyle changes when appropriate and promotes healthy choices with every available opportunity.
Dr. Totoe is a board-certified internist trained by the Yale University Internal Medicine Primary Care Program at St. Mary’s Hospital in CT. She obtained a fellowship in transfusion medicine at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Totoe has business certifications from the Harvard Business Online School in health strategy, public leadership and is currently completing her course in racial disparities in health care and health economics.
Dr. Totoe has worked in multiple hospitals in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. She is licensed in WI, IA, MN, and KS.
Dr. Totoe is also an entrepreneur and is the medical director of Minneapolis Health Clinic and the founder of the nonprofit Totoe Health Equity Project. She uses her clinic and her nonprofit to help promote health equity to minorities, especially African immigrants. Dr. Totoe is involved in community education and promotes lifestyle changes to prevent and modify chronic diseases.
- Bachelor of Science – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, West Africa
- Medical School – Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, West Africa
- Internal Medicine Residency – Yale University School of Medicine at St. Mary’s Hospital, Waterbury, CT
- Transfusion Medicine Fellowship – University of Minnesota
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Business Certifications – Harvard Business School Online
- Health Care Strategy
- Public Leadership
- Racial Disparities in Health Care
- Health Care Economics
- Recognition by the Ghanaian Community for outstanding community work during the Covid pandemic
Grace is married with two daughters. She loves spending time with her family, going to basketball tournaments, playing tennis with her daughters, watching movies, and traveling.
In addition to English, Dr. Totoe speaks Twi and some French.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One