Approach To Care
Dr. Walz has a passion for emergency medicine with care that ranges from chronic, ongoing medical issues to a new injury or illness. Many times, she meets people on the worst day of their life, when they are in pain or feeling lonely or vulnerable. As an emergency medicine physician she goes beyond text book medicine, spending extra time at the bedside working to truly learn why the customer is seeking emergency care.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1998-2002
- Doctor of Medicine Degree – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 2003-2007
- Emergency Medicine Residency – Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, 2007-2010, Chief Resident, 2009-2010
- American Board of Emergency Medicine, 2010- present
- Minnesota Medical Foundation Medical Student Achievement Award, 2007
- Ernie Ruiz Resident Achievement Award, 2010
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society, 2007
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, 2007
Dr. Walz enjoys spending time outside with her family. She likes biking, snowboarding, swimming, canoeing and a good BBQ. She also serves as the volunteer medical director for a local nonprofit, Wilderness Inquiry, which organizes adventures to bring youth, families and people with disabilities outside to the natural world.