Mudassar Ahmed, MD, MBA
Approach To Care
Dr. Ahmed is a physician leader whose interests and expertise center around finding innovative solutions to complex problems at the individual as well as system level. He has performed thousands of cardiac procedures, and he also coaches other physicians on how to successfully manage complex and advanced heart problems. His practice includes minimally invasive and catheter-based solutions for occluded coronary arteries, leaking or narrowed heart valves as well as using devices to reduce stroke risk in individuals with atrial fibrillation.
His philosophy for care is to keep the individual at the center of every care decision and use all the tools that science and research have to offer to prevent the preventable, cure what cannot be prevented and minimize the impact of what cannot be cured.
- Baqai Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan
- Master of Business Administration, MIT Sloan School of Business
- International Physician Proctor for Complex and Advanced Cardiovascular Procedures
- Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic
- University of Minnesota, Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology
- Board Certified in Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Vascular Medicine and Endovascular Medicine
- Best Doctor Award, Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine, 2020
Dr. Ahmed enjoys travel, astronomy, reading, music and spending time with his family.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One