Ethan M. Fruechte, MD, MS
Approach To Care
Dr. Fruechte cares for people with cardiac conditions, and enjoys caring for people with heart rhythm disorders. As with all areas of medicine, he believes that effective and compassionate cardiac care needs to include an understanding of the whole person, and how their condition and different treatment options fit into their life, their preferences, and their beliefs. He enjoys talking with customers and taking time to help them understand their options. Having a cardiac condition can be scary, but understanding the condition and potential treatments can also be very reassuring.
As a cardiac electrophysiologist, a significant portion of his time is spent in the electrophysiology lab performing catheter-based tests and ablation procedures, which for many cardiac rhythm problems may be curative. Dr. Fruechte also places pacemakers and defibrillators to help treat abnormally slow or fast heart rhythms, and he work extensively with the device clinic.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree – Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Medical Degree – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Internal Medicine Internship – Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Internal Medicine Residency – Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Cardiology Fellowship – Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship – Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Sub: Cardiac Electro)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Sub: Cardv Disease)
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Dr. Fruechte loves spending time with his children. He also enjoys music, photography, woodworking cooking and traveling.