Alexandra Ritts, MD
Approach To Care
Dr. Ritts strives to be a resource for customers, to help them understand their cardiovascular disease as well as diagnosis and treatment options. She is a customer advocate and works to ensure her customers feel supported in their care. She believes in developing comprehensive individualized care management strategies. As a general cardiologist, she sees and treats all types of heart disease but has a special interest in cardiomyopathies, cardio-oncology and preventative cardiology.
- Undergraduate: Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Medical School: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Internal Medicine Residency: Vanderbilt University Department of Medicine, Nashville, TN
- Cardiology Fellowship: Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR
- ABIM Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease
- Diplomate, Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography, National Board of Echocardiography
- Diplomate, Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- Chief Cardiology Fellow: Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR
- Ritts, A. J., Cornell, R. F., Swiger, K., Singh, J., Goodman, S., & Lenihan, D. J. (2017). Current Concepts of Cardiac Amyloidosis: Diagnosis, Clinical Management, and the Need for Collaboration. Heart Failure Clinics, 13(2), 409-416.
- Ritts, A.J., Lenihan, D.J., & Cornell, R.F. (2016, July 07). Cardiac Considerations for Modern Multiple Myeloma Therapies.
- Heitner, S. B., Minnier, J., Naher, A., Van Woerkom, R. C., Ritts, A., Ferencik, M., … & Scott, E. C. (2018). Bortezomib-based Chemotherapy for Multiple Myeloma Patients Without Comorbid Cardiovascular Disease Shows No Cardiotoxicity. Clinical Lymphoma Myeloma and Leukemia, 18(12), 796-802.
Dr. Ritts is originally from Duluth, Minnesota. She loves spending time outdoors and enjoys hiking, snowboarding, yoga, playing piano and reading.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Don’t see your carrier or have insurance questions? Contact us at 763-581-CARE.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One