Approach To Care
Dr. Arthur’s surgical interests focus on athletic injuries including arthroscopy, minimally invasive ACL reconstruction, shoulder surgery, and rotator cuff repair. He has specialized training in minimally invasive total joint replacement, including anterior approach hip replacement and custom fit total knee replacement. He also routinely treats traumatic injuries and fractures as well as injuries related to arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Medical School – Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- Surgery Internship – University of Minnesota
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency – University of Minnesota
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (Sub: Sports Medicine)
Dr. Arthur volunteers his time as a team physician for Osseo High School and cares for many young athletes while getting them back to competition. He is an athlete and true outdoor enthusiast. He enjoys golf, tennis, biking, skiing, hiking and canoeing. A backcountry canoe trip with family and friends into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area or Quetico Provincial Park has become an annual summer tradition.
His wife, Christie Heikes, MD is also an orthopedic surgeon at Twin Cities Orthopedics. Their twins keep them both out of trouble when they are not busy “fixing bones”, as their kids like to say.