Ryan Hess, MD
North Memorial Health - Robbinsdale Medical Building
Approach To Care
Dr. Hess treats a range of athletic injuries from the amateur to professional levels. His clinical interests include:
- Sports medicine and the treatment of a broad range of sports injuries.
- Shoulder care with a special interest in the treatment of overhead athletic injuries including ligament, tendon, cartilage and traumatic injuries.
- Knee care of tendon, ligament and cartilage injuries, multi-ligament knee injuries, and patella dislocations.
- Hip care including treatment of femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) and hip arthroscopy.
- Elbow care with special interest in the treatment of overhead athletic injuries including ligament, tendon, cartilage and traumatic injuries.
- Medical Degree – Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- University of Nebraska Medical Center/Creighton Medical Foundation
- Board Certified – American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Frank P. Stone, MD Award for Outstanding Resident Academic Excellence, 2012
- AOA Resident Leadership Forum, 2011
- Best PGY-3 Teaching Resident of the Year Award, 2010
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- AOA Emerging Leaders
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
- South Carolina Medical Society
- South Carolina Orthopaedic Association
Dr. Hess is originally from Verndale, Minnesota where he was raised on a family dairy farm. In his free time, Dr. Hess enjoys baseball, softball, basketball, golfing, fishing, hunting and spending time with his wife and son.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Don’t see your carrier or have insurance questions? Contact us at 763-581-CARE.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One