Ryan Hess, MD
North Memorial Health - Minnetonka Medical Center
Approach To Care
Dr. Hess treats a range of athletic injuries from the amateur to professional levels. His clinical interests include:
- Sports medicine and the treatment of a broad range of sports injuries.
- Shoulder care with a special interest in the treatment of overhead athletic injuries including ligament, tendon, cartilage and traumatic injuries.
- Knee care of tendon, ligament and cartilage injuries, multi-ligament knee injuries, and patella dislocations.
- Hip care including treatment of femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) and hip arthroscopy.
- Elbow care with special interest in the treatment of overhead athletic injuries including ligament, tendon, cartilage and traumatic injuries.
- Medical Degree – Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- University of Nebraska Medical Center/Creighton Medical Foundation
- Board Certified – American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Frank P. Stone, MD Award for Outstanding Resident Academic Excellence, 2012
- AOA Resident Leadership Forum, 2011
- Best PGY-3 Teaching Resident of the Year Award, 2010
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- AOA Emerging Leaders
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
- South Carolina Medical Society
- South Carolina Orthopaedic Association
Dr. Hess is originally from Verndale, Minnesota where he was raised on a family dairy farm. In his free time, Dr. Hess enjoys baseball, softball, basketball, golfing, fishing, hunting and spending time with his wife and son.