Ryan Hess, MD
North Memorial Health - Robbinsdale Medical Building
Approach To Care
Dr. Hess treats a range of athletic injuries from the amateur to professional levels. His clinical interests include:
- Sports medicine and the treatment of a broad range of sports injuries.
- Shoulder care with a special interest in the treatment of overhead athletic injuries including ligament, tendon, cartilage and traumatic injuries.
- Knee care of tendon, ligament and cartilage injuries, multi-ligament knee injuries, and patella dislocations.
- Hip care including treatment of femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) and hip arthroscopy.
- Elbow care with special interest in the treatment of overhead athletic injuries including ligament, tendon, cartilage and traumatic injuries.
- Medical Degree – Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- University of Nebraska Medical Center/Creighton Medical Foundation
- Board Certified – American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Frank P. Stone, MD Award for Outstanding Resident Academic Excellence, 2012
- AOA Resident Leadership Forum, 2011
- Best PGY-3 Teaching Resident of the Year Award, 2010
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- AOA Emerging Leaders
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
- South Carolina Medical Society
- South Carolina Orthopaedic Association
Dr. Hess is originally from Verndale, Minnesota where he was raised on a family dairy farm. In his free time, Dr. Hess enjoys baseball, softball, basketball, golfing, fishing, hunting and spending time with his wife and son.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One