Approach To Care
Dr. Michael H. Johnson believes every person should be treated like his own family with a lot of thought going into addressing each individuals unique needs. Through his training, experience, and research on complex shoulder problems, Dr. Johnson is well suited to help people with any shoulder issue they may have. He truly enjoys helping improve a person’s quality of life or helping them recover from an injury to the point where they can be as active as they want to be.
- Undergraduate School – Stanford University
- Medical School – University of California, Los Angeles
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Fellowship – Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital
- Hand Surgery Fellowship – Harvard University/Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency – University of Missouri, Kansas City
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (Orthopedics and Hand Surgery)
- Member of the American Shoulder and Elbow Society (ASES)
- Member of the American Association of Orthopedic Surgery
- Reviewer of the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
Dr. Johnson was raised on a farm/ranch in rural North Dakota and loves old country music (since it was all he could listen to on the tractor). He has his private pilot’s license and enjoys flying his wife and two boys on excursions throughout North Dakota and Minnesota. Besides practicing orthopedics, he enjoys spending his time playing basketball, biking with his family, and throwing the baseball around.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Don’t see your carrier or have insurance questions? Contact us at 763-581-CARE.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One