Approach To Care
Dr. Kern is grateful to help people when they are ill and vulnerable. He enjoys the technical nature of being a surgeon along with the problem solving process and helping people through the transition of a surgical illness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology – Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Medical Degree – Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Internship – Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- University Of Kansas School Of Medicine, Wichita, KS
- Board Certified in General Surgery – American Board of Surgery
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor
- American College of Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Best Doctor for Women, Minnesota Monthly Magazine, 2011, 2013, 2014
- Best Doctors, Minnesota Monthly Magazine, 2014, 2015, 2016
Dr. Kern enjoys music, juggling, origami and participating in triathlons. He is active at St. Vincent de Paul church and school as a musician and vocalist. He also supports Totino-Grace High School and TSE, Inc.
As a volunteer surgeon, Dr. Kern has worked at the Hospital Bon Samaritain in Limbe, Haiti; the Institute for Latin America Concern Hernia Program performing hernia and hydrocele repair in Santiago de los Cabballeros, Dominican Republic; Hernia Help Now in Ouanaminthe, Haiti. He has also performed surgical procedures for Common Hope in Antigua, Guatemala as well as Obras Sociales del Hermano Pedro.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Don’t see your carrier or have insurance questions? Contact us at 763-581-CARE.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One