Approach To Care
Dr. Kern is grateful to help people when they are ill and vulnerable. He enjoys the technical nature of being a surgeon along with the problem solving process and helping people through the transition of a surgical illness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology – Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Medical Degree – Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Internship – Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- University Of Kansas School Of Medicine, Wichita, KS
- Board Certified in General Surgery – American Board of Surgery
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor
- American College of Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Best Doctor for Women, Minnesota Monthly Magazine, 2011, 2013, 2014
- Best Doctors, Minnesota Monthly Magazine, 2014, 2015, 2016
Dr. Kern enjoys music, juggling, origami and participating in triathlons. He is active at St. Vincent de Paul church and school as a musician and vocalist. He also supports Totino-Grace High School and TSE, Inc.
As a volunteer surgeon, Dr. Kern has worked at the Hospital Bon Samaritain in Limbe, Haiti; the Institute for Latin America Concern Hernia Program performing hernia and hydrocele repair in Santiago de los Cabballeros, Dominican Republic; Hernia Help Now in Ouanaminthe, Haiti. He has also performed surgical procedures for Common Hope in Antigua, Guatemala as well as Obras Sociales del Hermano Pedro.