Approach To Care
Dr. Kissner is dedicated to providing an excellent care experience in the full range of general surgery. He believes in the importance of spending time to explain the operation, what to expect, and what the best operation for each individual is. His special interests include hernia repairs, colon surgery, thyroid and gastro-esophageal reflux surgery.
- BA, Physics – Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter
- MD Degree – University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis
- Physician Leadership College, University of St. Thomas, Cohort 15
- St. John’s Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit
- Board Certified in General Surgery – American Board of Surgery
- Top Doctor – “Minneapolis/Saint Paul Magazine,” 2016
- Buffalo Hospital HOPE Award, 2016
- American College of Surgeons
- Minnesota Medical Association Member
- Surgical Association of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons (SLS)
- Minneapolis Surgical Society
- American Hernia Society
- American Hernia Society Quality Collaborative
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (EAST)
- Chief of Surgery at Maple Grove Hospital
Dr. Kissner knew he wanted to be a surgeon when he had the opportunity to follow and shadow a surgeon. He knew immediately that working in an operating room to help and heal people was his life’s calling.
Dr. Kissner enjoys spending his free time with his wife and their two children. He also enjoys golfing, traveling and reading.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Don’t see your carrier or have insurance questions? Contact us at 763-581-CARE.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One