William D. McMillan, MD
Approach To Care
Dr. McMillan approaches vascular disease by managing the individual needs of each customer. With the use of diagnostic imaging and minimally invasive and surgical treatment options, he provides a tailored treatment plan for each customer. His goal is to improve quality of life, not only with clinical expertise and innovative technology, but with the passion he brings to his work.
Dr. McMillan’s areas of clinical expertise include open and endovascular (stenting) repair of aortic aneurysms, carotid artery blockages, lower extremity vascular occlusions, and placement of permanent hemodialysis access (fistula and graft).
- Bachelor of Arts Degree – Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Medical Degree – Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
- General Surgery Residency – Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Vascular Surgery Fellowship – Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- American Board of Surgery (General and Vascular Surgery)
- Mpls.St.Paul Magazine Top Doc, 2017
- Dr. McMillan has an extensive history in research, as well as peer-reviewed national presentations and publications. He also is the Vice President/Founder of the Minneapolis Vascular Research Foundation.
Dr. McMillan is married and has two children and two dogs.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Don’t see your carrier or have insurance questions? Contact us at 763-581-CARE.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One