Approach To Care
I have been interested in the study of medicine in one form or another since I was 10 years old, but working as a surgical aide at Regions after college is where I fell in love with surgery. I discovered breast oncologic surgery as its own field while I was in surgery residency in North Dakota and took the opportunity to rotate at the Cleveland Clinic with its breast program.
Cancer surgery, and breast cancer surgery in particular, is incredibly rewarding as I can often offer a true cure for the disease. I really enjoy the patient connection, long-term follow-up, and the surgeries performed. My best friend is a survivor, and I have the utmost respect for her and other survivors’ journeys. It is an honor to be a part of that for someone.
- University of St. Thomas (St Paul, MN) – BA
- University of Minnesota (Mpls, MN) – BS
- University of Minnesota Medical School (Mpls, MN) – MD
- Hennepin County Medical Center (Mpls, MN) – Preliminary General Surgery Internship
- University of North Dakota (Fargo/Grand Forks, ND) – General Surgery Residency
- Baylor University Medical Center (Dallas, TX) – Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Fundamentals in the Use of Surgical Energy
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Fundamentals of Endoscopic Surgery
- North Dakota/South Dakota American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Award, 2018 and 2019
- David R. Antonenko Resident of the Year Award, 2020
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my husband and two children, and spending time at the lakes, building Lego creations, crocheting, and completing jigsaw puzzles.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Don’t see your carrier or have insurance questions? Contact us at 763-581-CARE.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One