Jonathan Gipson, MD, FACS
Approach To Care
As a board-certified surgeon, Dr. Gipson aims to step in and intervene in his patients’ moments of greatest need to restore their health. He is dedicated to using endoscopic, laparoscopic and robotic technology to decrease post-operative pain and improve general surgical outcomes.
Dr. Gipson’s special medical interests include:
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Pancreas and foregut (esophagus and stomach) cancer surgery
- Complex laparoscopic and robotic surgical procedures, including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve and hiatal hernia
- Emergency surgical procedures
- Surgical management of trauma
Interested in beginning your bariatric weight loss journey?
- Bachelor’s Degree in History – Carleton College, Northfield, MN
- Medical Degree – University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN
- Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
- Board certified in general surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Medical Director of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery – North Memorial Medical Center
- Medical Director of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery – North Memorial Medical Center
- Healthgrades Recognized Doctor
- Best Doctor, Minnesota Monthly Magazine, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Top Doctor, Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Dr. Gipson enjoys reading, spending time with family, and partaking in summer water sports and winter skiing.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One