Approach To Care
Dr. Eric Nussbaum is recognized internationally as a sub-specialized neurosurgeon, focusing on complex brain aneurysms, vascular malformations, and complex brain and skull base tumors. Patients travel from throughout the Midwest, around the country, and internationally to be evaluated and treated by his team. Leading this multidisciplinary team, Dr. Nussbaum offers treatment options for these complex surgeries and tailors the care process to the individual needs and circumstances of each patient.
Known around the world for his expertise in intracranial aneurysms and vascular malformations, Dr. Nussbaum is the author of two specialized neurosurgical textbooks: “Video Atlas of Intracranial Aneurysm Surgery” and “Cerebral Revascularization, Microsurgical and Endovascular Techniques.” In addition to authoring books and numerous articles, Dr. Nussbaum is a nationally recognized speaker.
- Undergraduate: Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, MD, Bachelor of Arts: Mathematics
- Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine Degree (M.D.)
- General Surgery Internship, University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinic
- Neurological Surgery Residency: University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinic
- Cerebrovascular Surgery, University of Western Ontario Department of Neurosurgery
- Board Certified: American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Board of Neurological Surgery (D.A.B.N.S.)
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- “Cerebral Revascularization: Microsurgical and Endovascular Techniques”
- “Video Atlas of Intracranial Aneurysm Surgery”
- “Brain Aneurysms and Vascular Malformations: A Guide for Patients and Families”
In Dr. Nussbaum’s personal life, he enjoys spending time with his active family.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One