Melissa Thorson, APRN, CNS
Approach To Care
Melissa Thorson is proud to be a part of a strong, multidisciplinary team that focuses on customers and returning them to their best health following an unexpected event. She is committed to the advancement of trauma care at a system level and cares for customers of all ages with minor, moderate or severe trauma injuries.
Melissa has been with trauma services at Robbinsdale Hospital for over 15 years and is the current director for trauma and critical care. She also continues to work as a clinical nurse specialist for the trauma services team.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – University of Minnesota, 1998
- Master of Science, Adult Health, Clinical Nurse Specialist – University Of Minnesota, 2003
- Certified in Adult Critical Care as a Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Licensed Advanced Practice Nurse in the state of Minnesota
- Certified in Critical Care Nursing (CCRN-K)
- Certified in Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Member of the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (EAST)
- Member of the Society of Trauma Nurses (STN)
- Member of the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- Board Member of SafeKids North Metro
- Member of Reimbursement Committee of the Trauma Center Association of America (TCAA)
In her free time, Melissa enjoys spending time with her family and friends, travel, reading, hiking and trying new restaurants.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One