Jennifer A. Tessmer-Tuck, MD
Approach To Care
Dr. Tessmer-Tuck believes in the normalcy of childbirth and maintains a low cesarean delivery rate. She tries diligently to help customers make informed decisions about their care by providing her medical expertise and advice but, ultimately, recognizes the autonomy of the customer to make the right choices for herself and her family. She is passionate about providing the best care for women and their babies on labor and delivery while working to maintain personalized care and a high level of customer satisfaction.
Dr. Tessmer-Tuck is an OB/GYN hospitalist who spends all of her time caring for women in the hospital – in labor and delivery, emergency and surgery. Her clinical interests include multidisciplinary teamwork and communication, quality improvement in maternity care and the evolving role of OB/GYN hospitalists in the healthcare system.
- Undergraduate Degree in Biology – Gustavus Adolphus College
- Medical School – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- OB/GYN Residency – Oregon Health & Science University
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Recognized locally, regionally and nationally as an expert in the OB/GYN Hospitalist model of care and for maternity quality care improvement
- Minnesota Monthly “Top Doctor”, 2016
Dr. Tessmer-Tuck is active in improving maternal and child healthcare internationally and has traveled to teach and practice OB/GYN in Argentina, Honduras, Mexico and Tanzania.
She has a young family with three active boys and, in her spare time, enjoys quilting and knitting, photography and gardening.